From Popular Science comes two great articles:
- Top 100 Technological Innovations of 2003 -- "from aviation to defibrillation, GPS to Wi-Fi, rotary to rocket". How can I convince D that we need a Canon EOS Digital Rebel (digital SLR)?
- Worst Jobs in Science -- did you know that "fart sniffer" is a bona fide occupation?
In other related news, CBS MarketWatch reports on the Ten Most Overpaid Jobs in the U.S. as determined by "compensation experts". Some of the occupations listed have already been hotly contested on Slashdot.
- Mutual-fund managers
- Washed-up pro athletes in long-term contracts
- CEOs of poorly performing companies
- Motivational speakers and ex-politicians on the lecture circuit
- Real estate agents selling high-end homes
- Airport skycaps
- West Coast longshoremen
- Pilots for major airlines
- Wedding photographers